SAP S/4HANA Training – in Plain English
** Disclaimer ** –
- I do NOT do Live Training. SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and many other countries. I am NOT associated with SAP.
- SAP software and SAP GUI are proprietary SAP software. Neither Udemy nor me are authorized to provide SAP Access. You can officially get SAP Access to practice on SAP system from SAP’s website. I am not allowed by Udemy to place a link here. Please google “SAP Access” and you can find the URL for the same.
** End of Disclaimer **
SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s ERP suite redesigned on the SAP HANA platform. Most SAP consultants that I speak to typically have heard of HANA or S/4HANA. But there is so much of marketing jargon behind this, it is sometimes confusing to put your finger firmly on what HANA or S/4HANA is really –
- Is it an ERP ?
- Is it a database ?
- Is it a IoT ?
- Is it a Data warehouse ?
Also, more importantly
- why did SAP come up with a columnar, in-memory database called HANA ?
- and why is SAP trying to re-invent the SAP ERP suite on SAP HANA database as SAP S4HANA ?
- and why more and more apps ( read transactions ) are being re-written in Fiori rather than ABAP ?
These are precisely the questions you will know the answer to in the first quarter of the course.
SAP S/4HANA is the same SAP ERP that you are already aware of as a Functional consultant in your respective areas. So,
- Are there new business processes introduced in S/4HANA ?
- Should I unlearn anything from my current ERP background ?
- How should I go about learning S/4HANA ?
- What are the major delta changes available in the latest SAP S/4HANA version ?
- Where to look for delta changes ?
- What are the changes in SAP SD ?
- What are the changes in SAP MM ?
These are some of the questions you will be knowing the answers to in the next half of the course.
And finally, how do you implement S/4HANA ?
- What happens to existing ERP implementation ?
- What are the deployment options ?
- How long will SAP ERP continue to be supported ?
- Are all new SAP implementations going to be on S/4HANA ?
These are the questions you will be knowing the answers to in the last quarter of the course.
Irrespective of your background in SAP – Functional or Technical – Eventually, SAP would be moving on to the new simplified data model used in S/4HANA. Be the first to get on to the bandwagon and learn all you need to learn about S/4HANA. Are you ready ?
See you in the course.