Learn Tableau step by step for beginners.
This series will teach you Tableau basic step by step. We have 10 labs which covers the below syllabus. :-
Lab 1: – Explaining Tableau, its various versions, installation & understanding tool UI.
Lab 2: – Publishing/distributing report, various interface, Tableau file extensions.
Lab 3: – Datatypes, Managing Metadata & Extracts, Cross Database Joins, Data Blending.
Lab 4: – Explaining Cube and Relational Datasource with their difference, Data preparation in Tableau.
Lab 5: – Visual Analytics(Sorting, Grouping, Filters, Drill Down & Hierarchies) – Part 1.
Lab 6: – Visual Analytics(Parameters, Forecasting, Clustering & Trend) – Part 2.
Lab 7: – Explaining and Creating Dashboards & Stories in Tableau.
Lab 8: – Understanding, using various options & services in creating, customizing Maps in Tableau.
Lab 9: – Explaining different Calculations and LOD(Level of Detail) expression in Tableau workbook.
Lab 10: – Exploring and working with different types of Charts available in Tableau.
This is Lab 1 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. What is Tableau and where do we get it?
2. Installing Tableau and different versions of Tableau tool
3. What type of Datasources can be connected to Tableau public tool?
4. How to connect an actual Datasource to Tableau tool?
5. Understanding of Business Intelligence concepts.
6. Understanding Facts and Dimensions
7. Creating Joins between tables or sheets.
8. Generating an actual report, adding new worksheets etc.
9. Understanding different shelves, cards in Tableau tool.
Lab 2: - Publishing/distributing report, various interface, file extension
This is Lab 2 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Saving/Publishing report or workbook.
2. Distributing the reports or workbook.
3. Various ways of distributing workbook.
4. Exact difference between versions of Tableau.
5. Different File Extensions.
6. Basics of Tableau Interface
Lab 3: - Datatypes, Managing Metadata/Extracts, Cross Database Joins, Data Blend
This is Lab 3 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Datatypes and their modification in the Tableau workbook.
2. Management of Metadata.
3. Different ways of managing metadata.
4. Management of Extracts.
5. Cross Database Joins and their use inside the Tableau workbook.
6. Data Blending and their use in Tableau workbook.
Lab 4:- Cube and Relational Data source difference, Data preparation in Tableau
This is Lab 4 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Cube Datasources and its use in the Tableau workbook.
2. Difference between Cube Datasource and Relational Datasources.
3. Data preparation and its techniques
4. Connecting a Cube Datasource with Tableau workbook.
5. Two different ways of connecting Cube Datasource with Tableau workbook.
6. Discussion about pre-calculation, default aggregations.
7. Discussion about pre-defined hierarchies and filters.
8. To create our own filters in Cube datasource, we create set
9. Cube datasources has KPI’s as their Datatypes
10. Grouping in Cube datasources by creating a calculated members and writing MDX queries.
11. Discussion about different Data Preparation Techniques .
Lab 5:- Visual Analytics(Sorting, Grouping, Filters, Drill Down & Hierarchies)-P
This is Lab 5 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Visual Analytics and how are they useful in analysis.
2. Drill down and Hierarchies and their uses.
3. Sorting and different ways to do sorting.
4. Grouping and why we need grouping in Tableau workbook.
5. Filters and their basics.
Lab 6:-Visual Analytics(Parameters, Forecasting, Clustering & Trend)-Part 2.
This is Lab 6 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Additional filter topic
3. Trend and Trend Lines
5. Clustering and Cluster Analysis
Lab 7:- Explaining and Creating Dashboards & Stories in Tableau.
This is Lab 7 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Dashboards and how to create them.
2. Changing size of dashboard, changing format of dashboard.
3. Adding objects like webpage, image etc. to dashboard.
4. Interacting with filter inside dashboard.
5. Story and story points, how to create them.
6. Creating multiple story points for the same view.
7. Changing size of Story Point, updating Story Points.
Lab 8:- Using various options & services in creating, customized Maps.
This is Lab 8 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Maps in Tableau and how to create them.
2. Map co-ordinates, latitude and longitude
3. Creating simple maps in workbook
4. Creating symbol maps and polygon maps
5. Identifying and editing unrecognized locations in maps.
6. Map layers and Map options.
7. Web Mapping Servicec(WMS)
8. Custom Geocoding and how to create a custom geocode in workbook.
9. Customization of maps and use of various options and services for creating maps.
Lab 9:- Calculations and LOD(Level of Detail) expression in Tableau
This is Lab 9 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Importance of Calculations in Tableau in workbooks.
2. Regular Calculations and their syntaxes
3. How a calculated field is created, what are different ways to create a calculated field.
4. Tableau Calculation and Quick Table Calculation.
5. LOD expressions and their syntaxes.
6. Different type of calculations like Date, Logical, Number, String and Type.
Exploring and working with different types of Charts available in Tableau.
This is Lab 10 of Learn Tableau Step by Step series: -
1. Bar Graph
2. Bar Chart
3. Line Chart
4. Pie Chart
5. Bullet Chart
6. Bubble Chart
7. Motion Chart
8. Water Flow Chart
9. Water Flow model
10. Cross Tab
11. Scatter Plot
12. Box Plot
13. Tree Map