Copywriting Public Relations – master PR publicity skills
How to master PR – for start-ups and copywriters
This course will benefit freelance copywriters. That’s my profession and PR has been central to my client services.
- How to develop a professional online/offline media plan
- How to find the trusted bloggers, the editors, publications and freelance journalists that specialize in your area of interest. Focus is everything.
- How to find journalists with a tight deadline ‘on heat’ for information on your specialization
- How to write and USE online press releases, traditional press releases, and sales-lead generating ‘pseudo’ press releases.
- How to schmooze bloggers and the press
- How to create a story when there is no story
- How to find out well in advance which topics are going to get the ‘special feature’ treatment by printed journals and online portals
- Links to free software that will boost your productivity
- Why and how you should create an online Press Room
- Understanding keywords, where to use them and where NOT to use them (and almost every other course seems to get this wrong!)
- How not to confuse hyper-activity with effectiveness – and how to measure your success accurately
- And lots more
Become the online and offline ‘Voice’ in your sector – fast
Two key strategies mark out successful start-ups from the also-rans. One is an effective online media strategy, the second is a strong PR strategy. Achieve both, and you will quickly become a trusted, respected ‘Voice in your Industry’. And both can be achieved on a very, very tight budget.
I’ve been involved in a number of start-ups, growing fledgling companies into multinational operations, and achieving their exit strategies. In this course I use real-life client examples from the software sector, including a four-man start-up that achieved free national and international prime-time TV coverage in its first 12 months. A going-nowhere software house that became world leader in the pharmaceutical sector. A husband and wife company that went on to a stock exchange flotation. Start-up security companies that both became leading multinationals.
This course is a perfect accompaniment to my course ‘Become a copywriter – quit the commute and make money from home’.